Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 1: This is van Rhynsdorp!

It is now 22:20 pm and I just had an amazing dinner.

So I thought this course is about leather, but here I am writing about food!

Frik van Jaarsveld is not only a leather guru, but clearly a natural cook as well. (Amongs lots of other things, which I hope to learn about in the next 9 days. Rump steak juicier than in most restaurants, along with a raw vegetable salad - yum! I meant to write the recipe down, but I can remember:

Raw grated butternut, baby marrows (a favourite of mine) and the sauce of plain yoghurt, paprika, Ina Paarman spices, and I will let you know what else. Also boiled potato with a "moerbei" sauce (moer alles by!) with sweetchillli sauce, parsley and other yummy stuff.

My first project is making a belt, and so far so good!

Mosquito attacks are quite normal here so I am tucking in under a big mosquito net tonight, looking forward to my beauty sleep as there are lots to do tomorrow!

Excited!

Good night, peaceful sleep! (or Tabbard.........!)
Nannah

No comments:

Post a Comment