Friday, January 21, 2011

Dag 8: The travelbag is finished!

This morning we had an early start, and I didn't realise this would actualy be a workout for my arms and back! Handstitching is lots of work. Making holes in the leather with a mallet/hammer is also not for "sissies"! But it is fun, and I really can't wait to start in my own workshop with the tools that Oom Frik gave me. A big thing that I've learnt is the importance of having an organised work-space, where everyting has its place so you can find things easily.

Later this morning I walked with Alida to the Succulent-Farm (vetplant kwekery) the largest one in the Southern hemisphere. The kokerbome are really beautiful and something to see. (See the comical names for some of the species on the pictures!)

It actually rained today, which is unlikely for this time of the year, but lovely working conditions! I just finished the travel bag, which was the big one for this course, and I am proud to say that I have a blister on my finger!







 






2 comments:

  1. Dankie vir al die followers! Ek hoor dit is bietije moeilik om te follow, so as jul 'n comment wil los, doen dit gerus op facebook, anders as jul enige comment of vrae het stuur na info@nannah.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ek love jou sakke! wil dit in lewende lywe kom sien!

    ReplyDelete